Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Happy 3 years!!

Today,  YB and I celebrated the fact that we have been dating for 3 years.  Also, 3 days ago marks the fact that, we have been ENGAGED for 6 months!   
WOW!! 

Our Story:
I was working at Macaroni Grill.  YB and his mom had come in for lunch and I was their server.  YB was so completely focused on his mom that he paid virtually no attention to me.  
I found this refreshing!
He paid for his mama's lunch (major brownie points)  and I thought he was his brother-who I had grown up going to school with...he was not, obviously!
Aaaaanyway...
About a month later, I was at the Jazz Factory (a restaurant that no longer exists) to visit some friends and, unfortunately/fortunately, a guy who I had previously dated was there.  He started acting like a meany-head, so I went to the bar to spend time with the nice friends. 
Next thing I know, this hunka-hunka-good looking man a few seats away started chatting with me, knew my name, and was really nice.  Initially, red flags flew...
Eventually, I remembered him.
You know, growing up, "they" always said that it wasn't a good thing to meet a boyfriend in a bar...yeah, I remembered that as I was chatting with YB, my future hubby.
We literally spent allllll night talking. We went to Waffle House when the bar closed.  The sun was up when we finally left to go back home.  It was the most amazing night I had experienced yet.  
We both knew within the first month that this was something different.

Here are some pics of us during our first few months:

We were celebrating my friend Casey's 21st Birthday at a restaurant (The Jazz Factory) here in Huntsville.  

This was taken the first night that two of my best friends met YB for the first time!  He was brave and asked to have them over for a cookout (that he prepared!)!!




We went to the fair and he won me a stuffed Scrappy Doo!


Also:  within the first year that we were dating, we fully catered a wedding together (just the two of us) for one of his family friends. 
 I caught the bouquet.  His mama went ballistically happy.  I took that as a sign.


I can honestly say, that even with all of the ups and downs we've gone through, I love YB more today than I even thought possible.


Happy Anniversary, Honey.
Now, go install that invisible fencing ;)

1 comment: